[Countdown to Halloween] Window Clings

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Have I ever mentioned that holidays with kids are so much more fun than holidays without kids? I think I have, but I stand by my comment, so I thought I would share it again. 

I don't know why, but I feel like I might have been a bit of a scrooge when it came to decorating for the holidays BM - before Mason. I don't know why, but I guess I figured I would just be doing it for myself and why spend the money when its just for one person? I mean, Seth could enjoy the decorations too, but let's be honest, he could care less about the decorations.

So now AM (after Mason), I am all about decorating - but decorating on a budget. So when I was at Target a couple weeks ago, I checked out the dollar section and found some goodies. I never bought these before and was actually kind of hesitant to buy them this year too...

...window clings.

They seemed kinda cheap (I mean they were only $1) and I had this feeling that Mason would eat them. Or try to. And it can't be healthy to eat a window cling.

But I decided to try anyway. I figured, if he hates them or tries to eat them and I need to throw them away, I only wasted $2.

But boy was I wrong, he LOVED them!

I started off by putting the "H A P P Y" in Happy Halloween up and then peeled the cling off the paper and let him put it on the window where ever he wanted. He was seriously SO excited and SO proud when he put anything on the window.

 
 
 

Sure a few got broken since he was pulling on them and didn't realize they were kind of fragile, but I don't care. One of the cats is missing it's tail. The pumpkins mouths are all broken. And some of the letters are stretched out and covered in dust/crumbs from the floor. But do I care? No. Now they have character. Each one that gets broken or gets dirty is just a sign that Mason is playing and having fun and that is way more important to me than clean, perfect decorations.


Sweet Turtle Soup

12 comments:

  1. Decorations on a budget are the best! When it becomes entertainment for a toddler, that's even better :) Some of my favorite ones I found at goodwill :) I know what you mean about holidays with kids though... I want to do SO much more than I ever did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got Mia those exact window clings and she loooooves them! It was so fun watching her put them up :) She did sneak a taste of the candy corn one... what the heck? She doesn't even know what a candy corn IS! I don't know how she knew that that one was "candy" ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO bad about decorations - unless it's Christmas - and wish I could get more into the whole decorating bit. Maybe we'll have to go scope out Target and see if those window clings are still there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I will definitely be picking some of these up ASAP! I may even take them to the hospital, as a little distraction! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!!! Window Clings are something I definitely frowned upon prior to having a child. I thought they were just so silly but honestly the hours of sure bliss Lily can receive from a dollar store find is definitely a priority! Love it! Thanks for linking up with us! Can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I was the SAME way...anti-holidays for the most part, but now? Now it is so much fun seeing them through their eyes!! And window clings...hello cheap and easy ways to entertain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got the shapes but now I wish I had gotten the letters too! I tried the letters last year and Callie just ripped them apart. But like you said it was a $1 - I bet she would have loved them and we could've done a mini alphabet lesson! Looks like he had a blast decorating! And I agree decorating is way more fun post kids - although I was pretty into it pre-kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids make the holidays so much fun! Although I was pretty crazy about them pre-Aria - laughing at your BM and AM =) I'd always decorate and Chris and I would crave pumpkins and dress the dogs up and we had no problem buying Halloween candy even when we got no trick or treaters!
    And, really who needs perfection when your kid is having fun? Unless it involves dirt...then I'm the lame mom that gets twitchy.
    Thanks for linking up!!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mason did a lovely decorating job! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Psssht...I nominated you for the Liebster: http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/2014/10/you-love-me-you-really-love-me.html. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our boys are so twins! Myles is obsessed with window clings! I got out decorations a couple weeks ago and he had to have the window clings. The first one was a pumpkin that was destroyed within the hour. Next we got out the skeleton, which only has a broken butt bone. But I put him up higher because I didn't want him ruined. I still have the Happy Halloween one left and I am trying to hold off on that one so that it will last to Halloween but he keeps finding it and asking for it! I love how it makes them feel to help out. Not a big deal to us, but I know they feel pretty special :) And like you said they are only a couple bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn’t agree more!! Kids bring back the magic of holidays in an amazing kind of way!! I saw these window clings and didn’t buy them, but now I am wishing that I would have. Adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I love connecting with my readers! I respond back via email so please make sure that your email is connected to your profile. Thanks for stopping by :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS