[BOY MOMS] Natasha from Epic Mommy Adventures

Monday, October 6, 2014

Hi Everyone! My name is Natasha and I am a single mama to my amazing and rambunctious boy, Micah. I blog over at Epic Mommy Adventures, where I share our everyday life adventures. Thanks so much to Elizabeth for inviting me to share my experiences as a #boymom here today!

  2014-2   

 I must admit - I didn't want children for a very long time. It wasn't that I didn't adore having children around me, it was just that I wasn't ready. One of my biggest worries was that I would have a girl. I knew that I didn't want a girl because I feared that she would be just like me as a teenager (I was that bad - really!) So I knew I would be getting it tenfold if I had a girl. So when I found out I was pregnant, I was so incredibly nervous. So when I finally went to that 20-week sonogram and found out I was having a boy, I was extremely ecstatic. But then I realized that I knew nothing about raising a boy! The panic and worry started up again, but now for the fear that I would not be able to raise my boy to be a great man. I questioned everything - Is it the right time? Will I be a good mom? Will my child love me? Will I be happy? Will my child be happy? Will I be able to care for my child financially? I would fall asleep exhausted thinking through so many different things. I didn't know if I had it in me to be a good mom to my unborn child.

  Epic Mommy Adventures (17) 

 From the moment that I laid eyes on my sweet little boy, my world completely changed...for the better. I immediately wanted to protect and nurture and fulfill any and all of his dreams. For the first month of his life, I had the most difficult time letting anyone hold him. Even when I did, I would be itching to take him back. I loved looking at him and I loved that bright eyed look he would give me when he first woke up and noticed me. And he would give me such a beautiful shy smile. And my heart would melt each time... 

Epic Mommy Adventures (12) 

I mean come on...who couldn't fall in love with this chunky, grumpy baby??!!
On the other end of the fear and worries came the excitement - as I was a tomboy for the better part of my life, I knew that I would have so much fun being the mom of a boy - and was I sooo right!

2013-10-19+16.51.45+epic

We have so much fun being silly together - we run and tussle and laugh and dance. We race each other to the front door, and go to the park just to hang on the monkey bars. We enjoy playing in the grass and the mud, but quickly realize that we both don't like grass and mud that much and run back into the house screaming "Ewwww..." We love baking together, and most of our time is spent licking the bowl after pouring the batter in the pan. We even get into batter throwing fights and tickle fights.
Not to say that I couldn't do this with a girl too, but my life is completely wrapped up in being the mom of a boy that I couldn't imagine doing the same with a girl.

Epic Mommy Adventures (14) 

 Micah is also the sweetest little boy in the world. He loves to give hugs and kisses and he gives the best hugs in the world! If he sees me sad for any reason, he will run over to sit on my lap, put his head on my shoulder, and hug me tightly. We spend loads of time just cuddling - he loves to hold either the side of my face or rub on my ear. It drives me nuts sometimes, but I love the connection with him. 

  Epic Mommy Adventures (11) 

 But he is my complete world...every thing that I do in life is to make our lives better. Although I'm a single mom and raising Micah on my own, I wouldn't change a thing. I love being a mom to my little boy, and I look forward to the many years that we have together - that is, before he stops talking to me in his teenage years lol. Until then, though, I will enjoy and savor every moment with him.

  Epic Mommy Adventures (10)

************


If you would like to share a post about you and your son, email me at chasinmasonblog@gmail.com .
I would love to feature you! You don't have to have a blog to participate!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post.
    I have the greatest respect for single parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks so much Desiree! I love being a single mama - I wouldn't change not one thing. :)

      Delete

I love your comments and I love connecting with my readers! I respond back via email so please make sure that your email is connected to your profile. Thanks for stopping by :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS