[It's the Little Things Link Up] Learning New Things

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The bubble gun.

It is one of Mason's FAVORITE things right now.


Mason is obsessed with bubbles right now so a couple months ago when I found this small, little bubble gun, I snatched it up. I figured it would be SO much easier to use to blow bubbles at the speed that Mason wants them (fast! more!) than a regular bubble wand that you have to blow through. The regular wand that comes with the bubbles leaks all over and often doesn't even produce a bubble after you blow. So frustrating.
For mom and dad and for Mason.

So after I bought the mini bubble gun, everyone was happy.


Until I found the jumbo, Spiderman bubble gun that I gave Mason for Valentine's Day. This thing produces like a million bubbles a second and all is right in the world again.

But instead of throwing away the mini bubble gun, I washed it off (so it was no longer sticky and bubbly) and gave it to Mason to play with. He didn't really know what to do with it at first and more just put it in his mouth. But he loves it when I pull the trigger and the wind blows in his face. So for the past couple weeks, I've been showing him how to hold his hands around the handle and how to pull the trigger so the little fan turns on and spins.



He was kind of getting it last week but Friday was when he REALLY got it. I was home with him and we had a few minutes to kill before we left for his appointment so I found the bubble gun and brought it to him. I put his hands around the handle and put his finger on the trigger and pulled. The fan turned on and his face lit up. I walked away to get our stuff together to leave and I just kept hearing the fan turn on again and again.

whir
whir
whir

Best sound ever.

The sound of your child really getting it. 
Really understanding how something works and how to do it HIMSELF.

Best feeling ever.

So it was time to leave and I let Mason bring the bubble gun in the car. Literally the whole way to the appointment, he just kept pulling the trigger and turning on the gun.

whir
whir
whir

smack
smack
smack

He also likes to stick his finger in the way of the fan and it turns spins (it doesn't spin fast at all and it doesn't hurt his finger at all to stick it in the way of the fan spinning). I can't quite type out the way the noise sounds, but it's pretty funny. And he giggles each time. I couldn't help but have a HUGE smile on my face and giggle to myself the whole way to the appointment.




My little boy isn't so little anymore and that makes me a little sad.
BUT what more than makes up for it is the fact that he is learning and growing and becoming such an inquisitive toddler. This makes my heart explode with happiness and I can't wait to teach him so much more!

******************************




3 comments:

  1. How adorable!! I love the drool in the one picture, that's how you know he's really into it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bubble gun sounds awesome! but even better is him learning to use it! I love love love watching these littles figure out how to do stuff on their own. I think they might be prouder than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Reminds me of Knocked Up when Paul Rudd says "I wish I loved anything as much as my kids love bubbles." hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I love connecting with my readers! I respond back via email so please make sure that your email is connected to your profile. Thanks for stopping by :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS