[BOY MOMS] Tara from Tanner and Park

Monday, February 10, 2014

boymom 

 Hi! I'm Tara, and I write a (very new) blog at tannerandpark.com. I'm a wife of almost four years to Will and a Mama to a wild, fantastic red-headed 17 month old that we call Max Henry.

photo by Bella Bambino Photography photo by Bella Bambino Photography

When we found out that we were expecting a baby, I really thought we were having a girl. We already had two sweet nieces (and another on the way!) so little girls were familiar territory. I had girl bedding chosen. I'd even purchased a few pink sleepers and started claiming hand-me-down smocked dresses from my friends with girls. But my best friends were adamant that we were having a boy, and oddly enough, every single male on my husband's side of the family as far back as we can trace has had boys first. The night before our ultrasound, I had a crazy vivid dream that the ultrasound tech told us we were having a boy. I remember waking up and telling my husband very confidently that we were having a boy. When the ultrasound confirmed that our bundle of joy was a blue one, we weren't surprised...but we were ridiculously excited.


Max Henry was born on September 7, 2012. We had no idea what to expect. To be quite honest, I fully expected him to be a devil baby because my husband and I were both apparently very high-maintenance infants. Instead, we got a relatively easy baby. Although the first few months adjusting to a new baby aren't easy for anyone, it wasn't as traumatic as I anticipated. I think God cut us a break, knowing that I'd be by myself a lot since Max Henry arrived right in the middle of harvest- also known as the time of year my farmer husband is rarely home.
  DSC_0877Fast forward a few months, and we have a house full of tractors, Thomas trains, blocks and toddler-sized power tools. Our sweet, easy baby has become a strong-willed, independent little man who knows exactly what he wants at all times, and is very adamant about getting whatever that may be. He's a whirlwind of activity, and only sits still for snacks and the occasional episode of Mickey Mouse. He is all boy, with a deep love for mud puddles, his two puppies, climbing stairs and dumping water over the side of the bathtub when mama's head is turned. I love everything about being a boy mom - especially this boy's mom. DSC_0773 Everyone tells you that kids grow up so quickly, but you don't realize how true that old cliche rings until you have a baby of your own. No one prepared me for how quickly he would change from a tiny, snuggly baby to a walking, talking little person. It's amazing, incredibly joyful and frightening all at the same time. It's the best adventure I've ever been on.
"And she loved a little boy very very much - even more than she loved herself." - author unknown

1 comment:

  1. They really do turn into walking, talking people so quickly! He is SO cute! Heading over to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I love connecting with my readers! I respond back via email so please make sure that your email is connected to your profile. Thanks for stopping by :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS